Sports Massage is an effective way of releasing muscle tension and restoring the balance to the musculo-skeletal system. If this is applied regularly it may help athletes prevent injuries, which might otherwise be caused by overuse. A constant build up of tension in the muscles from exercise can lead to excess stresses on joints, ligaments, tendons, along with the muscles.
To benefit from a sports massage you do not need to be an athlete. Sports massage can be effective on anybody.
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation